Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 8

I wish I had some stimulating hospital story to tell, but I don't.

This day consisted of pure indulgence. I told Doc I wouldn't be in, and I took a much needed day off to the Shore. I met up with some of my best girlfriends and we dedicated the day to fun, food, and sun.

Since my return from Europe, I hadn't been eating much. Not in any sickly, depriving way, but more out of health consciousness. Granola and fresh fruit had now grown to be my breakfast favorite opposed to the unnecessarily swamped breakfast deluxe of eggs, meat, bread and other delicacies. So it's not much of a shock to me that during the past two months, I've lost nearly eleven pounds without much effort due to my change of eating and frequent walking.

Yesterday was an absolute breaking of rules.

I ate one of the largest slices of white pizza, topped with spoonfuls of velvety rich ricotta. After beaming in the sun for a few hours, I treated myself to a deep, buttery funnel cake, frosted with confectioners powder and crowned with a perfection of vanilla soft serve.

Half-way through, my taste buds felt pre-diabetic and my stomach was begging me to stop.

Nonetheless, it had been the first time in a long time that I'd had so much junk and delightfully, it was great.